This machine has been fully refurbished and thoroughly tested. It is in pristine condition with the exception of 1 small cosmetic blemish on the back corner of the frame (see photos). Includes one single and one double portafilter.
If it is good enough for discerning cafe owners, then it has to be great for your home! The main feature of the Elektra T1 Sixties in a commercial environment is its extreme compactness. This is the result of a design study in placing a whopping 5.5 liter boiler into a small body frame.
It does not have a pressure-stat to regulate the boiler pressure which is directly proportional to the temperature of the boiler and water in the heat exchanger. This espresso machine has an additional probe in the steam boiler. This probe connects to an electronic controller which regulates the boiler steam pressure. It also will save the heating element from damage from a lack of water in the machine’s boiler. For example, the water company shuts off the water supply due to a water main break.
This machine is so new that we still have not learned all the programmability of this newly designed machine. Shown below, the touchpad with a K has a series of lights. These lights in program mode can indicate which menu the machine is in. The black electronic control box that has a single series of lights exemplifies the particular setting the machine is in for the particular menu on the touchpad. We will post more here as we learn the different features.
The Elektra T1 has a programming feature that can record the top of the hour. With this program, you can also program the top of the hour for the machine to go into Night Cycle (reduced energy usage) and to wake up in the morning (on the hour) to full power. This avoids the need for a separate timer which blasts full power to the machine’s circuitry upon startup.
This machine’s high wattage heating element is desired to heat the boiler quickly for quick recovery and temperature stability. The Sixties Series even generates a lot of heat to keep those cups nice and toasty on top – you may want to place this machine with an open overhead area. With a direct water line connection, you never have to worry about filling any water tank, but you do have to remember to recharge the water softener and change the water filter.
• Beautiful Ultra-polished stainless steel finish.
• Incorporated motor and positive (rotary vane) displacement pump with vibration-damping fastening.
• Double electronic level control system monitors the water level in the boiler to make sure heating element is submerged in water.
• The patented heat exchange system is accessible above the boiler for easy inspection and cleaning.
• Filter on the grouphead removed any large contaminants that may have passed through a broken filter on the water line.
• The multi-directional steam wand allows movement of steam wand in many different directions.
• The steam valve and water valve have pivotal lever controls.
• Dual-acting, high-precision gauge shows both pump pressure and boiler pressure.
• Heating element with safety thermostat for additional protection.
• NEW wood handle on portafilter and steam/hot water joystick controls.